BOOK READY. Click on the picture for info. and to order a copy

Thursday, March 19, 2009

The best memory/El mejor recuerdo


I know it's too soon to pick what my best memory from italy is. There's still a month left, which will contain so many powerful things God wants to do. The internship will wrap up and new doors will open towards the direction God has in mind. I remember sayign to so many people "I don't know what God will do and teach me in Italy" implicating there were decisions I wasn't able to take at the moment. Now I see what God has started and how much more is to come. I never expected it. It's better than I could imagine. I can't even discribe it because I don't see the whole picture yet. It's like going down on a water slide. It's so fun and exciting, even tohugh you haven't gotten on the pool yet. Right now I am living the time of being on that slide, I love it! and I dont' knwo what the water is going to be like, but I know that it is there and God has build that pool. Se que es demasiado pronto para escoger mi mejor recuerdo de Italia. Que contendra tantas cosas poderosas que Dios quiere hacer. La practica se finalizara y nuevas puertas se abriran hacia la direccion que Dios tiene en mente. Recuerdo decir a muchas personas "no se lo que Dios hara y me ensenara en Italia". Implicando que habian decisiones que no podia tomar en el momento. Ahora veo lo que Dios ha comenzado y tanto mas por venir. Nunca lo espere, es mejor de lo que pude imaginar. Ni siquiera lo puedo describir porque no veo el paisaje entero, no hay una foto panoramica, es como deslizarse en un tubo de agua, es tan divetido y emocionante, aunque aun no llegas a la pisina. En este momento vivo el tiempo de estar en aquel rebalin de agua, me encanta! No se como ira a ser el agua, pero se que esta ahi y que Dios ha construido esa pisina.



But on Tuesday my friend Natascia asked me what is my favorite memory so far. I thought of it and I said "the time when I got sick of being in the train, starting to complaing of the hit and the amount of poeple in there. Becuase that day the excitement of the new was gone and it had become a routine, my routine in Rome. I wasn't an outsider anymore. I was commuting with so many other Italians, with the goal of getting somewhere to do our job, living our lives in Rome. That day I had taken an step forward towards the cultural adaptation process in Rome, Italy. Pero el Martes mi amiga Natascia me pregunto cual es mi mejor recuerdo hasta ahora. Pense y le dije "La vez cuando me harte de estar en el tren, comenzando a quejarme del calor y de la cantidad de personas. Porque ese dia la emocion de lo nuevo se habia acabado y habia comenzado a ser rutina, mi rutina en Roma. Ya no era una extrana. Me transportaba con tantos otros Italianos, con el gol de llegar a algun lugar a hacer nuestro trabajo, viviendo nuestras vidas en Roma, Italia.



Today I literally jumped in the train, as I was late. I arrived to the track, saw the doors opened and without thinking it twice I jumped! a few secons after the doors closed! I was right on time, to had waited for another train would've had made me extremly late and my lovely friend Sophie was waiting for me in the other side of Rome. Since I was on a rush I rushed through Termini letting my feet lead out of habit. Hoy literalmente salte dentro del tren, ya que estaba atrasada. Llegue al riel de partina, vi las puertas abiertas y sin pernsarlo 2 veces salte! segundos mas tarde las puertas se cerraron. Estaba justa en el tiempo, haver esperado otro tren me habria retrasado aun mas y mi querida amiga Sophie me esperaba en el otro lado de Roma. Ya que estaba apurada me apure en Termini dejando a mis pies guiarme por fuerza de costumbre. In this way I arrived to the metro. I got in, I sat down, took a breath and I realized I hadn't check the direction, meaning I had done everythign as usual, but today i wasn't going towards Barberini! so I stand up and jump out before starts going. Run up the same stairs I came down, turn left and run down an other set of stairs and arrive at the same time as the metro, so got on it. When I finally arrived to Ottaviano, as I was taking the stair out of the metro my phone rings and is Sophie. We met up the and the rest you can see in these pictures. De esta forma llegue al metro. Entre, me sente, tome un respiro y me di cuenta que no habia verificado la direccion, lo que significaba habia hecho todo como de costumbre, pero hoy no iba hacia Barberini! me puse de pie y salte fuera antes que partiera. Corri las mismas escaleras por las que habia bajado, doble a la izquierda y baje otro set de escaleras, llegando al mismo tiempo que llegaba el metro, asi que me subi. Cuando finalmente llegue a Ottaviano, en la medida que subo las escaleras fuera del metro suena mi celular y es Sophie. Nos encontramos y el resto lo pueden ver en estas fotos.







1 comment:

Kristen Chase said...

Great post!! I hope you're not getting tired of showing people around Rome yet! ;)