BOOK READY. Click on the picture for info. and to order a copy

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Los Primeros Dias en Roma/ The First days in Rome

Aun no va una semana y ya ha pasaso mucho. Me vine resfriada de Lincoln y al llegar aqui a Roma encontre que Andrea, Heather e Isabella (los misioneros con los que esoty trabajando y si hija de 4 annos) tambien estaban enfermos, asi que estamos tomando remedies juntos! El fin de semana conoci a la familia de Andrea (el es italiano y Heather es Norteamericana, ambos son graduados de Lincoln donde tambiem se conocieron) y miembros de la Iglesia. Despues de la reunion el domingo huibo un almuerzo. La iglesia me recuerda mucho a como era la iglesia donde creci en sus primeros annos. Un sentimiendo de familia, amor y fuergo.It hasn’t been a week and so much has happened. I left Lincoln with a cold and when I got here to Rome I found that Andrea, Heather, and Isabella (the missionaries I am working with and their 4 years old daughter) were also sick. So we all are taking medicine together! This weekend I met Andrea’s family (he’s Italian and Heather is American, they both graduated form Lincoln, where they also met)and church members. After the worship service on Sunday there was a fellowship lunch. The church reminds me a lot of the church where I grew up in her first years. A feeling of family, love, and fire.

El centro de Roma es hermoso. Al caminar por las calles me pareciera que estuviera en un sueno, lo que es possible, solo que es un sueno hecho realidad. Downtown Rome is beautiful. While walking on its streets seems to me like I am in a dream, which is possible, only that it’s a dream that has come true.

El lunes visite un grupo de studio biblico internacional para mujeres, llamado BSF, al que Heather asiste. Conoci mjeres de muchos paises que se encuentran en Italia por diferentes rezones. Ingles es el idioma en comun. On Monday I visited a Bible study group for women, called BSF, which Heather is a member of. I met women from many countries who are in Italy for different reasons. Enlglish is the common language.

El jueves o el viernes visitare el grupo universitario en el que ayudare con clases de Ingles. Aun estamos buscando una escuela de lenguaje para mi. Either on Thursday or Friday I will visit the campus ministry where I will help with conversational Enlgish. We are still looking for a language school for me.

Todo maravilloso desde Roma, esten orando para mantenerme enfocada y con proposito!
Everything is Wonderful from Rome, be praying to stay focus and with purpose!Andrea, Heather, and Isabella



There is a legend that if you throw a coin in the Fontana di Trevi with your left arm over your right shoulder you will return to Rome. So I did it






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marcus Aurelius: "And what is Rome, Maximus?"

Maximus: "I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light"

(quote from "The Gladiator")

Nicole 妮可 said...

hey dear,

i love this blog how you write in spanish/english! ;)

love you too and see you soon!